Story faith?

CAN YOU SHARE A PERSONAL STORY WHERE GOD TOUCHED YOUR LIFE?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Witchqueen, do you have children? That is a gift from God. A Miracle if you may! The sun in the sky, from God. The breath you take, from God. I always knew God and loved God, but never loved myself until I hit rock bottom and felt no one loved me. That was the moment God put his arms around me and lifted me up. I am BLESSED! So BLESSED! And very Thankful for all that I have gone through. It has made me who I am today.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 7:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have many stories.... Was abandoned as a young girl and God brought me through the TOUGH times. Not my friends, not my family, but God! ( that's just one of many! )
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 8:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Zoeyis, the irony is that the beautiful inquisitive mind you use to question, God gave you! He blessed you with intelligence and a healthy mind. Instead of thanking Him, you deny Him. Faith doesn't mean that you never have questions or even that you never doubt. It means you believe.
    My heart breaks for you witchqueen. I know you must not understand why in your life you feel God wasn't there for you. You have to understand that without "free will" we would simply be robots. God gives all of us the choice...the choice to choose life or death, good or evil. There are a lot of people in this world that choose evil and people like you get hurt. That doesn't mean God isn't there. God does love you and wants you to know Him. Don't give up and don't stop seeking Him. 10,000 years is just the beginning of eternity. If you live to be 100 on Earth, it will never compare. Prayers to both of you that He will make Himself known to you! +<3
    carol2m2

Comment by carol2m2 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• carol2m2--What I do understand is that I gave him 30 years. It wasn't MY choice to never see him or hear him or know him. It was HIS! I opened my mind and my heart and got nothing. I will no longer seek him. I no longer want him. I no longer believe in the existence of this negligent deity. And pray all you want. Prayers for me failed the two most important women in my life. I'm not worried about losing my atheism. It's the most solid, truthful thing in my life now. I love (sarcasm) the arrogant presumption that I am unhappy in my life without "god". You don't know me well enough to make such an assumption. But you did it anyway. Walk your own path. Just stay off mine.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Witchqueen- Please remember that my question was, "Story of Faith- CAN YOU SHARE A PERSONAL STORY WHERE GOD TOUCHED YOUR LIFE?" You only commented to bash faith in God. You have the free will to not believe, but I was asking for other's stories of faith. I wasn't asking for a religious debate, and instead of uplifting me with your words of faith, you only tried to bring me down. You only have a short time on this Earth. Why not choose to uplift others with your words and actions? You can be a blessing to others or say thing to discourage. The tone of your message made me feel you were very unhappy. God is real and He loves you whether you believe or not. Don't think that just because He didn't answer you the way you wanted Him to that He hasn't been there the whole time.
    carol2m2

Comment by carol2m2 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I find alot of people that have seen God or become Christians over night tend to be coming from some sort of personal life trauma, where they'd basically had hit rock bottom or were in the depths of Depression with no way out. Thats not a come down, just an observation over the years.

I was never religious. I came from over zealous parents who would here no slander or questions about their faith. So I had to play along for 18 yrs and act like I believed whatever people said to avoid any conflicts.

I'm a bit of an analytical mind and its hard for people who know alot about history and science and how things work to fully put their brain so blindly around the existence of gods and such. Scientists asks questions and attempt to explain the unknown and the Faithful Religious aren't supposed to ever question and are expected to just blindly follow which I can't personally do. I think too much and wonder about things too much :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No, but I can certainly give you a LOT of instances where he never intervened or touched ANYTHING in my life. Miracles are good luck. Tragedies are bad luck. And life is full of both. Imaginary gods don't have any power to help OR hurt.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010