Does your body go into shock when....

you cut out sugars completely? I'm talking about soada, syrup, desserts....etc.
Has anyone ever done it? One day just completely cut them out? Do you have more energy?

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 8:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have tried this, and it's tough. The first few days are particularly rough, because instead of having more energy, you feel like you have less. It's your body's natural reaction to go into withdrawal when you cut out something completely like that. I find myself VERY irritable and lethargic, but if you stick with it long enough and put good foods into your body instead, you will start to feel healthier and have a lot more energy. :) GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm a sugar junkie and when I try to cut down I switch to sugar free of whatever I want, like ice cream, candy, etc. I don't do diet sodas though. I'm not a big soda drinker anyway, I use those Propel packets or Crystal Light packets and add them to my bottle of water and that takes care of my sweet urge a lot of times
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 9:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I started the South Beach Diet, Phase 1 5 weeks ago. I haven't had anything but meat and veggies the whole time. The one thing I've noticed was that I didn't want the sweets, the bread or the pastas with in 3 days. As for more energy, I'm feeling better but I've also changed some other things in my life so I can't say that's 100% why.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have cut out soda and my body did not go through with drawl.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010