What is a cure for dry heels?

Since being pregnant and through breastfeeding, my feet have been incredibly dry, flaky and even cracked at the heels. I have used a Ped-Egg to buff off dead skin and different lotions, but it keeps happening over and over. I didn't ever have any problems before pregnancy and nursing. Do you have this too?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• Another VERY surprising thing is Vicks vaporub (or its equivilant) if you can handle the smell. I had surgery on my ankle and was in a boot for 6 weeks...the only time I could take it off was at the doctors to have the bandages changed. My foot was looking awful and you could see the 2nd layer of skin where it was cracking. Since the podiatrist here are recommending Vicks for fungus toenails now (so we don't have to pay for the expensive medication), I noted a difference around the foot where I used it...so I started rubbing the rest of my feet with it. My feet are now smooth and healed.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i use lots of vasline then put on socks right b4 bed
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have it too, and I use a pumus stone in the shower, and basically scrub the heck out of my heels. Immediately when I get out I pat dry them and put lotion on them. If i'm going to bed after my shower I will put petrolium jelly on them and put socks over and sleep like that. Once they are cracked and dry it takes a while to get them back to being fairly soft. Once they get into good shape then I'll use the pumus stone every couple days real quick in the shower, and lotion them up afterwards....
    I heard one time that people that wear sandals/flip flops get them all the time.....so start wearing shoes if you already don't! lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I believe this can be associated with diabetes. Have you been checked?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• slather on vaseline and put plastic bags on your feet and socks over the top. Sit back and relax for awhile. Wash off and then use the ped egg on them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• did you try the kerasol foot lotion? i put it on right before bed after my shower and put on socks and it works great.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• At the drug store they have this stuff called 'heeltastic' I picked it up when i was pregnant for the same reasons. I put some on my feet and put socks on and went to bed when i woke up in the morning I couldn't believe how nice they felt....pedegg didnt work for me I think it made it worse. But the best thing about the heeltastic I'm pretty sure its all natural, I know it has lavander in it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• A professional pedicure helped me.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010