How do I wean my DD?

This is my second breastfed baby but I have no idea how to wean. My first DD weaned herself at 10 months. She also slept on her own by 4 months old most of the night. My second however just started sleeping on her own through the night and wants to BF morning, noon, and night. Literally. She wants to BF when she first wakes up, nap time, and before she goes to bed for the night. Shes a year old. I would really like to start weaning her. I'm just not sure how to go about it. I don't want to make it harder than it has to be. Please help.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 8:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just stopped with my daughter at 11 months, went out and got a nuk sippy cup and started her on that. She took to it real well.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I agree with Charmd. Also you can start replacing feedings with sippy cups by starting with 1/day and move up.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• From what I have read when I was Bf'ing charmd18 gives the answer that I have found in most of my research.
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you're not going to do child led weaning, either drop one nursing per week, or use the don't offer, don't refuse method.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I stopped BF w/my daughter around 6-7 months. Beign that she's in daycare was easy since she was used to taking a bottle at school. I slowly replaced one BF feeding with a bottle. From there, we slowly stopped feedings before bed and had her on a sippy not long after.
    newmommy0409

Answer by newmommy0409 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010