do u find this offensive in any way?

i posted this as my status on facebook

"please do not send me any event invites, chances are ill deny them anyways, i find them very annoying thnx"

i was getting 10+ event invites a day so i got to the point where i stopped reading them and hit ignore on every one of them, i had an game friend go into a full blown tisy saying that i dont care about 9/11.... i dont get how she got that from my status. she ended up deleting me over...which i dont care, i dont play the games much anyways.... your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think people get really oversensitive about that stuff. I've seen a lot of statuses like that lately and it doesn't offend me at all. I understand how much that stuff clogs up your page!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• she sounds like a nut. i would think it's just for any event invites in general
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Ah goodness knows, just ignore people. Everything anyone does/says seems to offend people in some way over 9/11 at the moment...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I say, do what you have to do.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• why don't you just go into your settings and switch them. I'm pretty sure you can block those sort of things, especially if they send you an email about it.
    events and the game stuff is different btw.
    I wouldn't have found it offensive.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• She must've sent you 9-11 related and you ignored it? There are things going around to show your support or whatever, so that must've been it. Either way good riddence to her if that's how she's going to react over that simple status.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Some times people just like to blow smoke and make themselves look like the big guy on campus. Just be who you are and ignore someone for being so sensative. Everyone has their own way of handling 9/11 ,or not, that's what makes the World Goes Round.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with what you did. Some people are just more sensitive, I guess, and take things more personally. I had to do that because I was getting so many chain letters and things forwarded to me. Although not everyone listened and even after telling them personally to stop sending the chain letters and that just chatting was fine, they still didn't listen and had to be blocked. My mailbox was so full it was crazy!
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 8:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Did she read it wrong or something? LOL I mean, thats a bit odd.. Your statement had nothing to do with 9/11..
    But, who cares.. Like you said she was just a "game friend" so no real reason to keep her on your FB page really..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What you posted on your status wasn't offensive at all,that I can see.I always ignore those event invites too,and as far as someone dumping me as a "friend",well I could really give a crap! :)
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 10:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010