In a hurry!

Was anyone anxious to get your baby home after your delivery?I'm still pregnant but I can't imagine not feeling anxious to take my child home and start our lives!

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm waiting on Talon to arrive in December, and I think I feel the same way you do. I can't imagine that I'd want to spend two or three days there. Though I know they need to do that sometimes....I think I'd want to get my family home as soon as possible.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• With my first, I slept for 3 hours and was home less than 6 hours after he was born. With this one, I will probably head for home as soon as I pee and get the talk they have to give me. I like to be home in my own environment. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• With each child, I was more eager for that couple of days in the hospital - when you having your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or higher, those couple days are nice - you get to sleep (unless your baby is in with you - nurses brought mine it when it was time to eat during the night so I could sleep) and have everything done for you that you want. Seriously, by the time I had my last 2 kids, I could have handled a few days in - especially with my last because I had my tubes tied at the same time.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i Definately agree with 4time-mom..you'll want to get home sooner but when you're there, theres no nurses to help out..you really do get some sleep in the hospital and it all goes away when you get home!! i was begging them to take my 2nd to the nursery so i can just sleep and take a shower alone..w my first i wanted her by my side and the hospital i was at would only take her to the nursery if something was wrong.. take advantage of the couple of days youre there..when kid #2 comes around, you'll understand fully what we're talking about!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i wanted to stay in the hospital longer, lol.
    but i had a severe broken leg and was in a full cast until the day I went in to have her. That day, they cut it below my knee. I still didnt have full range of my knee and got to take my first shower, in months, at the hospital on a chair in the shower there. Everyone joked that I would be learning to walk again at the same time as my baby.
    However it was an awesome feeling being home with her!!
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I only spent 1 night in the hospital with each. If you have a c section you have to stay longer though! BTW don't expect the Hilton while you're in the hospital, the beds aren't the best and the nurses wake you up every 2 hours to BF! Yay! Much luck to you!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008