Possible miscarrage on friday night but more severe pregnancy symptoms started monday morning.

So I went to the emergency room Friday night because I started to bleed and was cramping, I was approx 5 weeks along. I had been spotting all week but the doctor had assured me it was normal. The Er doctor advised me that he thought I was having a miscarrage but couldn't confirm it because I was not passing any tissue and it was still to early for anything to show up on an u/s. I also want to add that my hcg levels were only at 24. After all of this for the past three days, my pregnancy symptoms seem to have increased?! I now have morning sickness when I didn't before, my breasts are even more tender and I can't get rid of this headache. Has this happened to anyone else?

mum2b2009

Asked by mum2b2009 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This happened to me with my first pregnancy, unfortunately i ended up miscarrying 4wks later. But don't get worried yet, go to your OBGYN and get checked out. I had an u/s this time at 5wks!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Don't worry about it just yet. Wait until you know more. You can possibly still have the symptoms but again don't worry until you know more! Best of Luck!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Are they checking your HCG levels again. That level will let you know for sure what is going on. It should double every 24-48 hours. A 24 is really low. I hope it works out for ya.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• To be completely honest, my Doctor seems to just be happy with the ER Doctors results and even canceled my appt for Tomorrow, saying that she was afraid that I was going to miscarry after such low levels. I could accept miscarry if the symptoms hadn't increased. Has anyone heard of miscarrying a twin or vanishing twin?
    mum2b2009

Answer by mum2b2009 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• when i was about 5 weeks i began bleeding and cramping, went to er. had blood work and u/s. They said i had miscarried. I passed a coulple of clots. One week later went for follow up appt. (still having morning sickness) my hcg levels had droped all the way from 12000 to 4000. Another week later, my doctor came back for vacation and my hcg levels went back up to 16500. more blood work and u/s. This time a fetel heartbeat. Dr. said i maybe lost one twin. or they called it a misscarriage too soon. Are you sure on your hcg numbers?? were they 24 or 24 hundred?
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 6:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I am sure on the number they went from almost 1500 to 200 to 24. I did go and get more blood work done but will have to wait until thursday for the results. I have an appt at the Doctors next week and will have a u/s done then. I have also been running fever since friday, so if i did miscarry, I am worried that now I have an infection. I think I am just a worry wart.
    mum2b2009

Answer by mum2b2009 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2008