I miss my best friend but my dh don't want us to be friends....

Well I haven't talked to my best friend since my daughter turned 3 months she is now 18months old. My dh does not want me friends with her and I miss her so much and now have no way to find her at all. How do I put my foot down with him and tell him that she has been my friend since high school and I miss her. She has never seen either one of my children and I didn't get to see her second born baby. How should I start that out with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• why does he not like you talking to her?
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• we were seperated and both of us started doing our own thing. I started seeing this other person and he was too..his bf would always lie for him and well my bf did the same for me. The only thing is that I gave up all my friends when we got back together and he kept his bf around. Not fair to me but I did it to prove to him that I really wanted to work things out. But I tell him that I miss having my friends and not even to go out with just to talk with. I really want to see her again and for her to meet my babies and for me to meet her new one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i believe that yes.. he is your boyfriend/husband... but he doesn't control you. i can understand him saying i don't want you around that person or so on and so forth... but he can't stop you. he doesn't have the right to.. you married him.. you're not his slave... let him know you have a life... and even though it does include him and the kids, that doesn't mean that thats all it has to be... and you won't let that happen. you're human... try making him see what you're going through.. tell him he can't hang out with someone.. then lets see what he says...
    DayDays_Mommy

Answer by DayDays_Mommy at 5:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2008