If you have more than one child (or if you're pregnant with #2), did you know/think you were pregnant sooner with #1, or one of your later children?

First, I am NOT pregnant (can't be pregnant if you don't have sex lol)! I'm just curious.

Second, I'm not talking about a BFP test, I mean like the feeling/symptoms of being pregnant.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• with both of mine i knew i was pregnant without any symptoms or any signs it was just a feeling. with my first i sat there and was talking to my husband (then boyfriend) how i just knew i was pregnant and couldnt stop myself from crying because i didnt know how we were going to take care of him. Then with this one i just sat there and told hubby that i wasnt going to start my period this month because i was pregnant and sure enough im 17 weeks and 1 day pregnant lol.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I thought that I was with both of them. I was a little sooner with my daughter though. By a month or so. I took the pee test when I was pg with her just to prove to my self that I wasn't. I was.lol!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Our last 2 are only 17 months apart and yes, I knew I was pg with last one a few days b4 I missed my period. I even took a test at night after work and it showed the lines.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When I got pregnant with my first, I swear that I knew from the moment it happened. The symptoms came on strong and were overwhelming at times (sore boobs to the point of having trouble walking, heightened sense of smell to the point of keeping me awake at night, nausea immediately), it was freaky!

With my second, we had been trying so obviously I knew there was a chance. But I didn't really feel anything until after I took a test around 5-6 weeks. Then about a week after that I started getting really sick.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Well with my first I knew pretty much right after I missed my period. I always had regular periods so being a few days late was weird for me. With my second my son I didnt know until like 8 weeks along. I was sick a lot, and it hit me that I was probably pregnant. I hadnt started my period yet because I was breastfeeding my daughter. And I thought I had had one, but it turned out it was implantation bleeding.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 9:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i never knew i was pregnant with any of them beforehand. just took a test because i was late lol. when i thought i was pregnant it was always a false alarm lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I started having symptoms right away with this baby. We were TTC, so I was watching for symptoms and since I already have a son, I knew what to watch for. Even though I started having symptoms, I still made myself wait until I was late before I took a test.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 9:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It was about the same each time. I find out VERY early because I get sick right off the bat...
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• With my first child, I wasn't sure whether I was pregnant until I took a pregnancy test (two days after my period should have started), though I was hoping I was. With my second, we tried for five months before I got pregant, and every month I would get nauseated a few days before my period was due to start (and that was the first time I'd had nausea as a PMS symptom). The month I actually got a positive pregnancy test was the only time I wasn't nauseated for the few days before my period was due to start. I told my husband that I bet it meant that we finally were expecting, and sure enough, I got a positive result the morning my period was due to start.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• LOL that's exactly how I was with my daughter! I took the test to reassure myself that I WASN'T pregnant, and got a BFP. I ended up taking 5 tests that day to make sure lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2010