which digital camera do you recomend

especially for a hobby photographer??

fallenruby

Asked by fallenruby at 8:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have a Nikon D60 but it has a lot to use. I don't know how much of a hobby photography is for you, I like my camera because it challenges me and I want to expand my knowledge and abilities. Otherwise, the Nikon Coolpix is a really nice camera. The very first one designed was my first point and shoot digital camera and I just bought the newest Coolpix for my daughter. They offer a lot of different options for a point and shoot.

I started with a Canon Rebel 35 mm camera about 20 years ago as a hobby and loved it but I suppose eventually we have to learn the newer technology!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you are super serious and have bucks to sink into a camera the Nikon D60 is a great way to go. You can expand your lenses as you can afford them and use one camera body. If you are just taking a great point and shoot family, nature, scenery Olympus cameras stand up extremely well. My grandson knocked my olympus off the counter about 4 feet to the tile floor and it didn't even hiccup. My sister knocked canon off the couch to the carpet about 14 or 15 inches and it shattered the screen. Check out consumer reports for really unbiased opinions though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have a Kodak and do not recommend it at all. If I had the bucks I'd get a good canon.....

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have a digital canon rebel xti
    jdadmommy

Answer by jdadmommy at 3:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010