Can I Get Booted from a Group?

A while back, I was a member of a group then (I guess) my membership was rescinded. I tried reapplying a few weeks ago (noting my previous membership) but haven't heard back from the moderator/admin contact.

I know I haven't violated any of the rules and have barely posted questions in this group. So, if an admin's got a personal issue with me, can she give me the boot? And if so, would I have received an email/notification noting the reasons?

THANKS!

LuvSpelman

Asked by LuvSpelman at 12:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in About CafeMom

• She can give you the boot for ANY reason.. and no, you wouldnt get a message unless they decided to send you one personally.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• There is also a Group Owner option - groups can be set up so that if a member doesn't check in within a certain amount of time (GO can choose from a variety of # of days) you are out. I previously owned a group that had a 60 day check-in, and I belonged to groups that had anywhere from a 30-120 day check-in. So that's another possibility.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Hi LuvSpelman,

Groups are run by the moms who started them, not CafeMom. Group owners are responsible for making their own guidelines for the group and enforcing them as desired. Group owners are able to remove posts, comments and members from their groups. If you have questions about a group, we suggest you contact the group owner.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2008