pirate birthday cakes

My son Ayden is turning 3 and I am going to try and make the cake .. I'm looking for ideas for a pirate cake and pics or ideas out there would be greatly appreciated

Aydensmomma82

Asked by Aydensmomma82 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I would say just try to google pirate cakes under images and see what you can find. I just did it and there are a ton of different types of pirate cakes. I used to be a cake decorator at Kroger and they have a really cute pirate ship cake, but it used to be like $40. Just a suggestion if you didn't want to make it yourself or changed your mind about doing that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Thanks.. your right sometimes it just worth it to save the hassle and buy it
    Aydensmomma82

Answer by Aydensmomma82 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You could just make a sheet cake and decorate the top like the ocean,, then you could put pirate ship toys, etc on top. It would give him something to play with after the cake is gone. I know it isn't fancy but it would be easy if you didn't want to spend the money to get one made. Or even do the icing like a deck of a ship then you could put pirates in it instead of ships, etc.

Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 11:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My friend made the cutest pirate cake ever this summer. She gets all her cake and party ideas from family fun magazine.

Go check out this page: http://familyfun.go.com/parties/holiday/specialfeature/doca0603_pirates_sf/

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Thank you for the great ideas!
    Aydensmomma82

Answer by Aydensmomma82 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008