Dyer question

my dryer takes 2 cycles to get the clothes dry I clean the lint filter after every load I have clean out the lint trap. Do you think it is on it's last leg or is there anything I can do to get it to work better?

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 12:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• it could be the heating element, I had to have mine replaced.
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• get the heating element checked. It runs about $50 to a new one, although that does depend on your model. if you get that fixed, it will run like new. but if you want this an excuse to get a new one, go for it :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• can you replace the heating element yourself or will I have to pay someone to do it for me?
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• my husband done mine, it didn't look that hard but I couldn't have done it. good luck though
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• okay thank god my dh is handy
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Check to see that your outgoing vent is clean and attached (this is the silver 4" tubing attached to the back of your dryer) it could be clogged or detached- which would also make the area your dryer is in somewhat damp. This happens sometimes with mine and it takes up to 3 cycles to dry.
    bethruffino

Answer by bethruffino at 1:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I moved into a little rental so time ago...the dryer plug-in was a 110, my dryer was a 220! I didnt know that there was a difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yeah I would also check the hose , it might be clogged atleast thats what was going on with mine and when we cleaned it out it ran fine.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Thats the thing I cleaned it out took off the back of the dryer and cleaned out the lint trap I am afraid that it is the heating element
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008