I know this varies for every person, but I have a couple of questions about the shot and switching birth control

***If you had normal periods while taking the depo shot, this might not apply to you.***

Ok, so I was on the pill for a year, then I decided to get the shot in July. I haven't had a period since June (I was due for my July period when they gave me the shot, and I know I'm not pregnant). I go back next month and I'm getting back on the pill for various reasons.

After switching from the shot to the pill, or just getting off the shot, how long did it take YOU to get your period back?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• my sister switched from the shot to the pill and hasn't gotten her period back yet. the dr. told her it could take a while since the depo shot works by thinning out the lining of the uterus and it takes awhile for it to build back up again and then you'll get a period. i think she switched to the pill 3 or 4 months ago
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• took me 3 months now have a rod in my arm and i dont have mine at all for 14 months now
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• also took me a yr b4 i could concieve
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It took me 2 months, then I got my period one month then I was prego so I never got a chance to see if it was regular
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010