I was wondering if other moms have experianced a pinching sensation in their cervix?

I noticed today that while i was doing dishes and making dinner i had this sharp pinching like feeling down low where i believe my cervix to be. When i was watching tv sitting up in bed while knitting i experianced the feeling again a few times but the feeling left as fast as it came. I'm only 32 weeks and this is my first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yea, BH is different for everyone, but it sounds like your muscles down there are giving you a little wake up nudge to the real thing. Now BH is not supposed to be painful, just fairly uncomfy. If you're a little scared I would talk to your doctor and let them know what you're experiencing. It sounds totally normal! good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Could very well be Braxton Hicks. Was it a painful kind of pinching?
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It was painful sort of like a sharp feeling... but it didn't last very long
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• sounds like braxton hicks!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes I have this happen quite a bit. It just gives me a little jump. I always just thought that the baby moved too far down and hit the cervix. I didn't know that it was actually Braxton Hicks. If it starts to last for a long period of time I would consult your Dr.
    TwinKleOut

Answer by TwinKleOut at 12:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2008