How much milk does a 4 month old drink?

I use breast milk

beasmileymom

Asked by beasmileymom at 11:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 4 months, my son was taking 4 to 5 oz. per feeding.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• MY SON AT 4MTNHS WAS DRINKING 4OZ...HE'S 6MNTH AND GETS 5OZ...BUT IF YOUR CHILD IS STILL HUNGRY AFTER YOU FEED THEM THEN FEED THEM...THATS WHAT MY DOCTOR ALWAYS TOLD ME..EVERY CHILD IS DIFFERENT
    SATX23

Answer by SATX23 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If you are nursing, simply breastfeeding on demand will keep up your supply, and you won't have to worry about oz, etc. If you are supplimenting to be away from the baby for a time, it can really vary.

If you are pumping, around 4 months you will probably get about 2-3 oz at a time...sometimes a little less. That's great for storage, and that's usually enough for about 1/2 a feeding.

Pumping can be trying, at times, and it's hard to not worry about how much your body is making. If you don't need to pump, there really is no harm in not pumping. If you must pump, take it slowly, and don't get discouraged. What your body is making for your baby is much more than what your pump is trying to pull from your breast.

wearingyourbaby

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 1:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i was nursing about 15 times a day at that time. When i pumped i would get between 1 and 4 ounces each pump.
    Motherdragon

Answer by Motherdragon at 1:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The only milk a 4 month old should be drinking is breastmilk, and as long as there are 8+ wet diapers a day, its plenty.
    IF its a formula fed baby, then around 24-32oz a day is the recommendation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

Anonymous

• at 4 months my daughter was drinking 8-9 oz. i can't remember how much my son was eating at that time..that was a long time ago to me.lol
    rissa_mommyof2

Answer by rissa_mommyof2 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• At that age my daughter was nursing about every 2 hours and having 3oz of my milk every 2 hours when I was gone.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter is now 4 months and eats about 6 oz. every feeding, and we are supplementing with cereal and the gerber line of 1st foods. However, I am just not sure how much of the solids she should be getting.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my son is 4 months and when i am at work all day he drinks 8-10 oz of breast milk in each bottle. that seems like an awful lot too me, and he is not a huge kid (about 14 lbs.)
    susanjpt

Answer by susanjpt at 10:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2008