Carpal Tunnel HELP MEEEEE!

I've had carpal tunnel since I was 16 years old thanks to a part time job in a coffee shop. A few years ago, right before I got pregnant, it got worse and the specialist recommended surgery. Then I got pregnant.....so no surgery. It actually got better instead of worse during the pregnancy but now it's back with an attitude and I can't get relief!!

I wear the brace...I've tried every single kind I can find. The last few days the numbness and burning pain has me at my wit's end and I want to cry. If anyone has anything that might help please reply!

StRita

Asked by StRita at 9:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• I don't blame you for not wanting surgery right now -two year old twins keeps you pretty busy! I had a mild case of Carpal Tunnel and it was awful! This might help - try taking the Vitality Pack with Oligofrucdtose Compex as directed and saturate with ProVex (A grape flavanoid supplement) by taking 1 capsule for every 25 pounds of body weight for two weeks. Then gradually reduce the dose until a maintenance level is reached. In addition, take Replenex Joint Replenishing Complex as directed. It has also been found to be helpful to saturate with Replenex, at least for a short time. Apply Pain-A-Trate to the inside of the wrist and outside of the elbow every 4 hours to reduce inflammation and control pain. Avoid cold water. Hot water gives temporary relief. All the products that I mentioned are natural and very economical. I hope this helps - please contact me if you have any questions.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Don't do what I did. I fooled around 7 yrs before doing the surgery. I waited too long and a lot of the nerve damage is now permanent. I have loss of sensation in parts both hands.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Why not do the surgery now that you're not pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i HAVE HAD SURGERY ON BOTH HANDS... AND i HAVE TO TELL YOU... THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN AMAZING. dO NOT SUFFER ANYMORE IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GET IT DONE.
    Sunshine201

Answer by Sunshine201 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I've got twin two year olds and need to get them potty trained before I can do 6 - 8 weeks of not having proper use of my dominant hand. I would also need to be accommodated at my work to be on light duties until I could completely return to normal. I need something to help me until I am able to get it operated on.
    StRita

Comment by StRita (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Please, anyone? I'm quite desperate!!!!!
    StRita

Comment by StRita (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I wished I knew what could help you.

I have been tested to find I have mild-moderate carpul tunnel in both.

I have the hand braces too but still have pain! I would try those soft hand massage balls........or actually ask about physical therapy on your hands. And ask while there, what can you do at home in the meantime for relief until surgery.

Good luck Mama!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• see a chiropractor
    see a chiropractor
    see a chiropractor
    the nerves in your wrist exit your spine at your neck. a misalignment can cause "carpal tunnel"
    it really could be that the weight of the pregnancy realigned your spine in such a way that your nerves in your neck were freed up.
    good luck.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I'm gonna look into all of your suggestions and if I have luck I'll let you know!
    StRita

Comment by StRita (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010