Married only for the sake of the kids... adult content

Are any of you mommas out there married mostly for the sake of your children or to avoid potential problems that would arise from not being married to your children's father? Just wondering if anyone on here is...and how is your life...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• If it weren't for the fact that we have a child together, we wouldn't be married anymore. There is no romance anymore, just stress and, at least for me, resentment. I don't think my husband really realizes how I feel, although I've tried to tell him on numerous occasions, but he acts like nothing is really wrong. He says he loves me, but I don't see it in the everyday, rather I see a guy who's got it good - his own personal caretaker/mommy figure, kwim? Every year it gets harder to stay, but we have too much going on for me to be able to make it on my own, so here I stay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yes, i am. my life is ok.... me and my husband are friends. there is no romance but our life is good and the children are happy. if we didn't have any children we wouldn't be married anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I didn't get married but I stayed because of the kids now we are just friends.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• we are mainly together for the kids but we do still love each other, when they get older and if we do fall out of love we may get a divorce
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• that is the worst thing you could do. i hate when people say we're doing it for the kids..if you wanna do your kids a favor get the divorce but be civil about it,but at the same time dont act like the best of friend cuz then your just going to confuse them more. anyways totally hate when people say i stay because of the kids...do you and your kids the favor and leave..if mommy isnt happy then no one is happy. if you're there and all you do is argue your just gonna make it worse and it doesnt matter if you put them in the room with the tv up (trust me i know) the BEST thing anyone can do for their kids is like i said get a divorce but be civil about it!
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my sister did that. she got divorced 3 mts later
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Somewhat. My DH and I have ups and downs. There are times when things are great and times when things are rough. The rough times are getting longer and more frequent. And the good times are getting shorter and less often. We've talked about divorce but neither of us can afford it. He works, I've always been a SAHM and have no training, no job experience. We decided together that it was better for our kids for us to stay together. We are more financially stable together and our children always have a parent at home this way. Divorced, we both be working and supporting 2 households costs more than supporting one. But our rule is that we cannot argue or fight in front of the kids. In front of the kids, you'd never know we have problems. Most of our arguments are via email now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My parents stayed for the kids. They both fought terribly, but we had our good times. It was hard as the youngest because when I turned 18 and my son was only 5 months old my folks divorced and sold the house. So I moved in w/abusive 22yr old baby dad. =(
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 10:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i was for 5 1/2 years and it was the worst mistake of my life. we were all miserable, even my son. i regret not leaving sooner because i think its harder on kids as they get older to experience a divorce. my son love his stepdad now and i only wish he could have had a good father figure and happy family earlier. besides, when i was miserable i wasnt able to be as good of a mother. children want to see their parents happy more than anything. sure, divorce is very hard on kids, but sometimes its in everyones best interest and only you can decide whats best for your family, not some stranger on the internet.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Oh, and I was married for the kids but realize it wasnt doing them any good. They saw bad treatment of me and me just taking it. I decided this was the wrong example for relationships so I left. It wasnt an easy thing to do but the kids were more importan
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 10:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010