Am I mistaken about the thumbs down button?

I thought that was for rude and obnoxious answeres and I thought you would get penalized for being voted down and take your annon previledges away after so many vote downs.... Am I wrong?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The anon option being removed would be considered after a lot of down votes of anonymous comments. It was the same before the rollout, only it was complaints that did it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I dont know about losing your anon, but I use it for way off base answers, like they didn't even read the question or if their just being nasty with no real advice or opinion.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm the same as Finkette. I'm not sure about losing the anon privileges. But I save my down votes for the really obnoxious, rude, insulting, name-calling, completely off-base answers.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't honestly know. But I will also vote down an answer that I definitely know to be wrong.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• All I know is that if an answer gets 6 down votes that the answer gets hidden. I don't know of other penalties.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Thanks for looking that up

I don't vote down unless the person is being rude. If the person is expressing a differing opinion, but is polite about it, I do not vote down. In fact, I will vote up answers I disagree with if I have seen that they were polite, yet others voted them down.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I only down vote if the person was being rude or if the advice was horrible and had nothing to do with the question. Some do abuse it though. I've had answers voted down for no reason.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i cant vote down yet but idk any thing about it
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I just dont want to loose my annon privledges simply because someone disagrees with my answer. Ya know? I don't vote down unless an answer is in bad taste, rude or simply doesnt make sense...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ok found the answer I was looking for.....

Hi everyone,

As a result of your feedback, we just made a few changes:

•Using the Report links no longer "costs" any Credits.
    •Negatively voted answers look a little different. The old red color was a bit much.
    •You can no longer lose Credits because of down votes, unless you answered anonymously.
    We hope these updates, while minor, help improve everyone's experience in Answers.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010