decrease in hunger

I am 19 weeks pregnant and I've noticed I am not hungry like I use to be. Do I need to worry? This is my first pregnancy and am concerned.

cmcook89

Asked by cmcook89 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not at all. it's normal. your appetite may fluctuate a lot throughout your pregnancy. somedays you may feel like eating a ton of food and others you wont feel like eating at all. it's all normal. but if you start to lose weight or stop gaining you should talk to your doctor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• As long as you're eating well then no, you don't need to worry. I had NO appetite when I was pregnant and lost a ton of weight but when I did eat I ate right. My son was always a healthy size and weight and was born that way as well. If you don't gain weight the doctor will probably try to encourage you to try but as long as your baby remains a good size it's nothing to really worry about. It's not uncommon to lose your appetite while pregnant because of the increased pressure on your stomach and intestines.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Just take your vitimans, and clam down .....

Maybe baby, is taking a break ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Very normal. As your uterus and baby grows there is less room and you will feel less hungry and even may have morning sickness in your 3rd trimester as well. Just drink lots of water and take your pre-natals and you should be fine.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I dont think I had a decrease in my appetite that early but I know I do now!! I have no idea how this little girl is suppost to grow anymore!! Ugghh and Im only 31 weeks pregnant!! Good luck to you momma!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Eat when you get hungry. You only need about 200-300 extra calories per day for a fetus. And this early on, you need less. You don't have to eat like a horse bc you are pregnant.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• To be honest, with my third baby I was never hungry. I really never felt hungry at all! I ate meals and healthy snacks because I knew I needed to. My baby was 12 days late, and a healthy 8 lbs 11 oz!! Try not to worry, eat small meals, and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010