Has anyone heard of Vicks for toe fungus? Any other home remedies for toe fungus. Please only share them if they work.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• My pinkie toe had a fungus issue for years. I read about the Vicks, so I figured, it was worth a shot. It worked for me!! I know have all 10 toes, fungus free!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• One of my best friends is using Vicks for toe fungus. She has this line that spit her toenail in half. It is working for her.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Green tea oil / peppermint oil
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am a medical transcriptionist and the doc I worked for recomended it to all her patients so Im guessing it works
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• How do you use it? Just rub it on? How often? I'm definitely going to try it. Sounds way better than the Rx meds with all their side effects.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• - Soak your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toe nails looking healthy. Mouthwash contains several compounds and alcohols like salicylate thymol and euchalyptol which combine to form a strong toenail fungus treatment.

- Put equal amount of tea tree oil and lavender oil on a cotton ball or swab. Dab it under the top edge of the toe nail and surrounding area 2 or 3 times a day. Tea tree oil is natural antibiotic and lavender will help fight the infection and prevent skin irritation, as it has antiseptic properties.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• For a natural cure put 4 tsp. of sol-u-Mel in hot water and soak for 20-30 minutes, morning and night for one week. After soaking, apply Dermatin Antifungal Cream as directed. It will kill fungus and bacteria. T36-C5, followed by Renew Intensive Skin Therapy or MelaGel could also be used each morning and night. If there is no improvement after one week, descontinue us and consult your health care provider if you haven't already. Be sure to wear clean white cotton (if possible) socks daily. These should be washed only using EcoSense Laundry System . Don't use store-bought laundry products because too often they contain harmful chemicals. Each time you change socks, dribble a few draps of T36-C5 on the clean soks. Rub them together before putting them on. You might even spray the inside of your shoes with a mxture of one-half ounce of Sol-U-Mel with four ounces of water.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010