What is the best bottle for a breastfed baby?

I got some of the breastflow brand bottles and my friend is picking me up a tommee tippee brand. Any reviews of these or any that you know to work better?

kamsmommy17

Asked by kamsmommy17 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what i did is go to the store and look at all the nipples and grab the one that is closest to the shape of my nipple. i think that is what you need to do to avoid confusion in a small baby.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I really liked the Platex Drop ins. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have both Breastflow and Tommee Tippee, and my dd won't use the Breastflow but will use the Tommee Tippee. She still won't take a full feeding out of any bottle at all, but at least with the Tommee Tippe she doesn't get angry and will take enough to give me a few minutes to find a quiet place to nurse her. I highly recommend the Tommee Tippee.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When I was having a difficult time with breastfeeding and needed to supplement (I know how to breastfeed - this was my 4th child and we had some issues with supply due to severe anemia), the lactation consultant gave me Avent bottles, but not sure if that's because they are good with breastfeeding or just what she had on hand. But, I never had any problems with him going from the Avent nipples to breastfeeding and back again.

Answer by missanc at 9:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I ended up using the born free and they worked great and were easy to clean
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used the playtex bottles too. The nipples worked well for us, my daughter acted like she was choking on everything else.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Both my babies always liked the NUK bottles. My first was completely breastfed other than a few feeding with a baby sitter so I could get out, and the the only one he would use. My second would use others but seemed to like those best.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I only pump and give a bottle a few times a month. We have Wee Go glass bottles that aree non leaching. They have very cute rubber sleeves for safety. The nipples are silicone. this brand is completely non toxic, no BPA or phthalates.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• rhianana1708...thanks so much for some hope, LOL. I tried the Breastflow tonight and he wanted NOTHING to do with it. I only need one so he can be fed breastmilk from a bottle so me and my husband can have a night out finally. Hopefully the Tommee Tippee will be my saving grace!
    kamsmommy17

Comment by kamsmommy17 (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Use BREAST FLOW bottles. I dont think my son noticed the difference to much and he didnt like to use anything else after I stopped BF. You can get them at Target. This is made to be similar to the way they have to suck a human nipple.

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2010