hearing heartbeat with stethoscope

I am 19 weeks pregnant and I've read that you should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat using a stethoscope. I have not been able to hear it. Has anyone tried listening to the heartbeat with a stethoscope? If so how far along were you and did you find it?

cmcook89

Asked by cmcook89 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've heard it is possible once you are pretty far along and it has to be a really good stethoscope. A friend of mine is an RN and he tried listening to my stomach when I was like 30 weeks with his stethoscope and still couldn't hear anything.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The Doctor or you ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Ive listened to her heartbeat with my stethoscope but I was also around 27 or 28 weeks and it was very faint but still really neat to be able to hear!! When I was around 17 one of my co-workers listened and she could hear it a little!! I have to agree with the above post though it has to be a really good stethoscope.
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010