Am I wrong to... (please help me)

Care more about my first cousins children than my sisters children?

My first cousin and I grew up like sisters, we were always closer, we had more in common and we just click very well together. My first cousin has 2 children and whenever they need me... I am there. I buy for them and treat them almost the same way I treat my kids.

I guess I am closer to my cousins kids is because my sister married a complete thug and her 3 children are so rude to me. Her ten year old son called me an ugly bitch about two years ago and her kids have stolen so many things from me to the point where I had to ask my sister to watch them carefully when they come over my house.

Don't get me wrong, I love my sisters kids... but it's not the same love I feel for my cousins... Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• i would probably feel the same way. it's hard to have respect for someones kids when they have no respect for you or your property.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Not at all.. As jennifer588 stated it's hard to have respect for someones kids when they have no respect for you or your property.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You are Not Wrong- Your Feelings are your Feelings- i agree with jennifer588 &MTM!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You aren't wrong. I'd feel the same way as you would.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't think you are wrong to feel that way at all. Your sister shouldn't let her kids treat you that way either!
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• not wrong at all in my opinion. I wouldn't be feeling very loving to kids who acted like your sister's either. Sometimes relationships don't really work out the way the title tells you they should. I can pretty much guarantee I won't be as close to my sister's kids as my friend's kids. Just the way it is sometimes.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 10:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• nope not at all. Just because they were birthed by your sister doesn't mean they HAVE to be the second most special kids in your life. My best friend and I are closer than my sister and I have ever been. When my BF has kids, her children will be closer to my heart than my sisters kids are.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No, you are not wrong. If your sister's kids treat you badly and steal things from you that's reason enough that you feel the ways you do. Your cousin's kids treat you better than your sister's kids, and that says enough. I do hope that your sister realizes what her kids have done to you. If not, she needs to be told. Actually, if they are stealing things from you, I'm not so sure that they should be in your house. If I knew someone was in my house that has been stealing my stuff, that's reason enough to keep them out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2010