Long feedings?

My newborn gets on the breast and then gets off and on and off , etc. This lasts for HOURS! I get so worn out when she does this. I feel like that is all I do sometimes and I have to care for a two year old. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd get a sling if you don't have one already. This way you can get on with your day while baby takes her time and you still get the close bonding. My son took forever when he was a newborn. The sling was very much a sanity saver. pm me if you'd like and I can point you in the direction of some great info and my favorites. :)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 10:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's normal. Maybe call in some help from a family member or friend to get some of the house work done/ help with your toddler. Slingsnand wraps are good to nurse in. And chances are this will pass.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's totally normal, her stomach is tiny and breastmilk is digested fully and quickly so she will be hungry often for a while. She will gradually space out her feedings a bit, just keep nursing on demand, and a sling is a great idea. I still nurse my 8 month old in a sling now and then just so I can still do what I need to ( to a point, anyway ).
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My daughter loved the sling and i loved the binky but i took that away at 5 mths but it helped till she knew i wasn't going any where
    momil

Answer by momil at 11:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010