If you had a friend who was kinda a jerk but then apologized would you forgive him?

but then after he apologized still pretty much blew you off? BTW he's active in the military but HIGH ranking and stationed at home...

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• After awhile being treated like that gets old. No true friend should you treat you like that no matter what their role in life is. Sometimes it is best to part with people like that in your life and move on to better friendships.
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• let it go and move on.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sounds like his apology was not sincere.
    Military often trains them to apologize and say things they do not mean. Just say it because it is expected, not because they have made a conscious decision to make a difference.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I need more details. How'd this happen exactly? What did he do to blow you off? Where were you? Etc...
    StRita

Answer by StRita at 10:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I believe it all depends on the situation and whats going on around him at the time.
    lookingfly4u

Answer by lookingfly4u at 10:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We txt a lot and he's confided a LOT of personal details to me. Suddenly he cut me out of his life then a month later I get a message from him saying that he's concerned about who I"m friends with b/c he doesn't like the idea of me "associating with trash because you are so much better than that" and he tells me he misses talking to me and wants to be friends again. I told him that he was a d*ck and he was mean to me when all I did was try to be his friend. He said that he was going through some things, I told him we all go through things but that doesn't give anyone the right to hurt people who care about them. He said he was sorry and he misses me. So I tried txting him a couple of times after he emailed me and he had deleted my phone number, and then guessed who I was. He keeps telling me he is busy with work. I believe that bc he's military but if he misses me so much, seems he'd make more of an effort.
    dragonlady320

Comment by dragonlady320 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Other than the fact his associations could hurt his career, what does his being military have to do with it? Also, if he's sincere, why wouldn't you forgive him?
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I want to believe that he's sincerely "busy working" with military duties instead of continuing to be rude. But I have a suspicion in the back of my mind that maybe he's just being rude and trying to use me to get information on the person he considers "trash". And no, I don't give him any info at all.
    dragonlady320

Comment by dragonlady320 (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Is he married? Are you married?
    StRita

Answer by StRita at 1:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• and is this the same guy as your "What Would You Think" question??
    StRita

Answer by StRita at 1:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2010