Do you agree with me?

That for a mother to commit suicide she has to be completely selfish.
Not caring for the needs or feelings of her children.
Or do you beleve that for some there is no other way out?
I just know I would never be able to do that to my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• i couldt do it but i have seriously thought about it
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• A lot of people truly feel like their kids would be better off without them when they commit suicide because they're unstable.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 10:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i believe that it is selfish wether your a mother or not, reguardless of wether we think noone cares there is always someone who does. its more selfish for a mother unless she goes and gives them to an adoptiona gency or the state first. i think it would be horrid for the children to be the ones to find her that way.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Suicide is a desperate act by a desperately mentally ill person wether chronically or for a time period. It is not about SELFISHNESS. no more than saying someone with heart disease having a heart attack is selfish. People honestly need to open up thier minds to realizing mental illness is not something someone can CONTROL. they need help to regain stability not judgemental people telling them they are SELFISH. that type of attitude contributes to the SILENCE of the disease .
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Personally, I would NOT do anything of the such because I wouldn't want my children to suffer and or go through mourning my death. Death can be really hard on children. There is always a way out you just have to seek the right type of help. There are different types of professionals to help with mental instability as well as helping care for children if the mother isn't in the right state of mind. I say people should seek help before taking their own life because someone else has to pick up the pieces once they are gone.
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes it is selfish children or not. I have once or twice been close to that point and the thought of my cildren is what stopped me.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Truthfully when I am down and out my kids are the only ones who bring me back to my reality. I think it would be selfish of me to ever leave them motherless nor do I want to. My kids mean to much to me to ever want to leave them, God forbid I do have to someday, but I pray that's long in the future. I could never be selfish and leave my kids without me.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 10:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• once you reach that point the thoughts of others no longer matter. You no longer think of others.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I agree with sunshine. When someone is at there breaking point or severely depressed they believe that the best thing for their children is if they were to commit suicide. I don't think that anyone should do it or think that they don't have a way out but I see how they may think that at different points in there life.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Not everyone is unstable I wasn't I just reached a point where it was okay and everything went calm.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010