What would you think?

If you had a friend from HS that you've been talking to on and off for the past several months and its been 10 years since you saw each other last. You both have kids the same age and he says he wants to see you to catch up the next time you are in town. So you make plans, nothing definite, then tell him that your entire family is coming back home this time. He's made it a point to tell you he's not trying to "ruing your family or come between you and your husband" but just wants to meet up again after so many years. You let him know you are back in town and he won't talk to you anymore. Was he really looking for something more? Was he trying to play you? Is he just a jerk?

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• he was looking for more, when you told him your whole family was coming things got cold
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 12:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sounds like he's an ass and that he might want more then just a catch up chat with you.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sounds ike he was interested in more and has made a choice to not disrespect your marriage and family
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Maybe he thought you'd never actually be "in town", and now it's a reality that scared him away since he probably wanted more to begin with.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• He's probably got a wife, too, who wasn't too happy about you two catching up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• He wants to stick his marklar in your marlar
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• That's all exactly what I thought too.
    dragonlady320

Comment by dragonlady320 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Except he's not married. He doesn't have a girlfriend.
    dragonlady320

Comment by dragonlady320 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Maybe he does have a girlfriend, or wife, and lied about it. Either way, I think he did want to do more then just chat and catch up. I think he was up to no good, and got pissy when you said your whole family was in town. Whole family meaning hubby, too. Oh, well. Guess it goes to show, men and women can't be friends. But, that's just my opinion. I know others on here don't agree.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• This is DeJaVu, I have the same story, I came back into town after 19-years, my H.S. sweetheart found me on MySpace, we went on a date, and a few weeks later, He asked me to marry him.......... Maybe, he had a urgent situation right now, I would wait a few weeks and see if he'll call.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 11:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010