How bad can a Christian sin?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• All sin is equal in God's eyes. It doesn't matter if you've told a lie or committed a burglary, it's all on an even playing field. The key, however, is the matter of repentance (or turning away from) the sin and not committing it ever again. This is where forgiveness and mercy come into play and we are cleansed and made holy and righteous in God's eyes once again.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 10:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• what hepmommy said.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you have asked the Lord for forgiveness for your sin, past present and future, and trusted in Him as your Saviour and accepted His free gift of Salvation, there is nothing you can do to lost it. God is stronger than our free will and actions. God has no limits of abilities. If He chooses to save us (and He did when He sent His son to die for our sins), how can we as mortal humans overpower Him?
    John 10-
    27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    30I and my Father are one.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• agree with hepmommy
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 11:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• maybe not at all if it turns out there is no God after all. Wouldn't that suck after all that fuss? wow
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• as bad as they claim others do. No one is perfect.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think having knowledge brings responsibilty, no matter what belief or religion.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• And I believe that a lie is better than commiting a murder, an affair is better than abusing an innocent child, using god's name in vain is better than killing others IN his name, etc. and therein is one good reason I can't EVER think that christianity or Islam, or any other extremest religion is good or peaceful. A religion in which all sins are equal and all sins will have the exact same punishment is one without ANY logic or truth. Only fanatacism. Because all sins AREN'T equal. Otherwise, I might as well load my husband's service pistol and shoot at every dark face that walks past me, in case they MIGHT be muslim, rather than just mistrust and ignore them as I do now.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• oh you can lose God's grace Laura. if you fall from him and just do what you want to do, you may have been forgiven for the ones that you asked to be forgiven of, but if you just keep sinning, He won't forgive you. God will not forgive you unless you are serioius and true in your heart that you truly are sorry for those sins you've done, and you will turn around and never do them again. you may slip and fall, do it again, but if it seriously was, and God knows if it was or not, a slip, and not just because you sat there and knew it was wrong and did it anyway, then he'll forgive you. and you can't just ask for forgiveness. Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptised, in the Name of Jesus, for the remission of sins and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost.". what's the Holy Ghost? it's God gift. and the evidence of recieving that gift is speaking in other tongues. read the Bible, it's all in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• the same as anyone else.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010