Why are the women on Cafe Mom (and people in general) so ugly when they talk about the candidate that is not her/his choice?

Shouldn't the only thing that matters when choosing the next president be his/her stance on the issues and what type of character he or she has? Why all of the name calling, racist tones, and references to being too old?

Lori_G4

Asked by Lori_G4 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• This is a very historical moment in our day. We will have either the first African American in office or a Woman to next in line for President. Passions are high right now and that can get ugly. It is just a part of it, not pretty but true.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Go to fullsize image

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• If you don't care enough to get passionate about your opinion, then why even bother to post your question?
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• think people are passionate about this particular election year. And to have that passion and see systems comitting fraud, scare me and makes me more passionate. I try not to make personal digs on candidates, but I do state my concern and usually provide links that support my concern. So, if that is ugly~I ask how do we have a healthy debate about issues and concerns if people are "sensitive". Honestly I have NOT seen any racist tones on this website. I don't think this election has any racial tones. I am watching Ken Blackwell, African American, Republican on TV right now with his concerns about Acorn. I don't get your racial reference...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Ok sweetie. Take a breathe. Step away from the computer. Do something relaxing. You are just having a pessimistic moment. Everyone does it and it will pass. Don't worry, the world's not completely full of morons just yet.
    leahdanley

Answer by leahdanley at 1:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Because they have no class or proper diction on how to have a gracefull conversation without tearing others down, which reflects poorly on them initially. Its how the politicians react and in fact seems like human nature to automatically "hate" on the other party. As for the name calling and racist comments, that is life and America in general. Not that I agree but this nation is built on that and people thrive on it...
    Vonnesure

Answer by Vonnesure at 1:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Being passionate about a candidate has NOTHING to do with talking about someone's race, age, looks, and etc. Being passionate about a candidate is doing research on their stances on the issues, so that when the other party says something negative, you have a rebuttal, WITHOUT having to make low-blows and UNEDUCATED remarks about their race, age, looks, and etc.
    Lori_G4

Answer by Lori_G4 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It's human nature to cut down something you don't agree with. I won't be voting for Obama and Biden, but I'm not going to deride them even if I don't agree with them.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 3:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I support Obama in the peaceful way he would promote and I have seen plenty of nice posts from other Obama supporters. I have also seen plenty of nasty posts from McCain supportes. That was such a stereotypical and generalized comment.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 11:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008