Snow chains question?

I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier SE V6 4.0 RWD (2WD).

I also have Mud + Snow Tires on, P265/70R16.

Question 1: Do I really need Snow Chains considering that my truck is NOT 4WD, and most places will require chains.

And Quesiton 2: Should I put the chains only the rear tires, or all 4 tires.

BingsMommy

Asked by BingsMommy at 11:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Travel

• You need to carry chains if you have a rear wheel drive truck and will be driving in a place that has snow and hills.
    It would be helpful to place the chains on all 4 tires. Front chains will assist with the steering. :) and the rear chains will help with traction.
    Also, you might want to consider (actually you NEED) to place a few sand bags in the bed of your truck. For weight. And then for traction if you even get stuck or in a place with ice/slush.

:)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would buy them just to keep in your truck. I know alot of the Mt passes where I live won't let through in the winter without them.
    muensters_ma

Answer by muensters_ma at 2:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010