What do you think is the most useless class in high school?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in

• World Cultures.......

WHY in the hell do I need to know what Turkey used to be called 1,000 years ago. How is that useful to me in my life...unless I plan to be a History Teacher
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• English
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• all of them :P...but no, really..none. they're all important
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I really didn't like history. LOL.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Life Skills. It was pretty much a health class but it was just called something different and the next semester I had to take health. I was so mad what was the point.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 11:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i thought all classes were imortant in some way but i hated social studies
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• speach. where you had to get up in front of everyone and give a speach about something the teacher told you to care about. even my teacher told me it was pretty much pointless, even though it was required.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• As much as I hated most of the classes in high school I did understand the purpose for most of them though I will admit there was some unecessary material sometimes lol. I asked a teacher once why we needed classes like social studies and he said it's not so much that we need to know the facts of what they teach us, it's the opportunity to open our minds to parts of the world we aren't exposed to and create a new way of thinking. Same with advanced math classes with equations we'll never use. It's all about the way of thinking not simply memorizing the material. I mean some elective classes like ceramics were pretty useless but thats why they were elective classes I guess lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Music... I am by no means musically inclined and that class was useless to me...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Calculus??? What is the point??

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010