my daughter is only sleeping for aobut 10 to 15 minutes and waking right back up

shes not satistfied with her feedings and she keeps waking back up i feel so helpless

JadasMama82409

Asked by JadasMama82409 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you Formula feeding or BF? are you stressed more than normal? I Guess i don't have great answers.. my son was the same way - have you tried co sleeping?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Are there lights on? Is she swaddled? Very small babies jerk a lot in their sleep and wake themselves up sometimes. Swaddling helps.

Why do you think she is hungry? What is her diaper count?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• formula i had a spinal headache for a week and a half after she was born it hurts so bad i couldnt breastfeed
    we were co sleeping and she sleeps most of the night its the day when she does this
    im very stressed but when im holding her and such i try to be as calm as possible i just really feel so helpless
    JadasMama82409

Comment by JadasMama82409 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my baby was the same way and she had reflux.
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 11:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• shes fine at night just not during the day we always swaddle
    and shes always hungry the only thing that stops her crying is eating
    but she doesnt ever seem satisfied
    JadasMama82409

Comment by JadasMama82409 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• how did you relieve that?
    JadasMama82409

Comment by JadasMama82409 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Could be reflux.. Our went through the same thing because the formula acted as a coating on his throat. But as soon as we stopped and the reflux was more painful (which happens after eating) he would want more formula. I would definately see his pediatrician to see if that is what it is. We just keep him upright for 30 mins after each feeding and he on prevacid and bethanechol to help with pain and to keep his stomach contents from coming back up.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Also, if it is reflux laying her down to sleep right after a feeding will definately aggrivate the syptoms.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my daughter just started this - turns out she was cold. Try skin to skin or holding your child very close until they fall asleep - then just hold them until they are in a deep sleep and you can put them down.
    nygrl4evr

Answer by nygrl4evr at 3:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010