Does your child's name have a meaning?

My son's is a biblical name and his middle name is a family name. My DD's first name is something my husband and I both fell in love with and her middle name is a family name as well.

frugalistamom2

Asked by frugalistamom2 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Baby Names

• The original spelling of my son's name is biblical but that's not really why I chose it. I liked it, and liked the alternate spelling I chose. His middle name is his Daddy's middle name.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My son is Simon Xavier. I just liked the name Simon and it has several Biblical references. Xavier is for my Uncle Francis. His middle name is Xavier.

My daughter is Natalie Jean. I named her Natalie after my nephew Nathan who was born premature and passed away at 8wks old. Jean is after my Mom...Mary Jean.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Laurie means strength. She is my oldest.
    Nicole means warrior. Amber is named for the color amber.
    John means God remembers.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my sons middle names are the middle names of relitives that passed away shortly b4 i concieved
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• lol..nope!! i just like it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• wellllll then again, i did give her the same middle name that mine is..but thats about it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My grandparents who pretty much raised me and who were also a very big part of me always called me Lily as I was growing up. I vowed that in honor of them I would name my 1st daughter Lily. Lucky hubby liked the name too and our first born is Lili Elisabeth(family name on my side)Danielle(her god-mother/hubbys cousin). Ds is named Dominic because its one of the few boys names we both liked Edgar(hubbys grandfather)Steven(hubbys name).
    MamaZena

Answer by MamaZena at 11:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My daughter's name is Heather Leigh and if means flower meadow. I have heard that this is also a name of one of Jesus' Angels.
    My son's name William Andrew means, desire, will, man and warrior.
    My youngest son's name is Brandon Taylor is Broom Hill and tailor.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We used a religious name plus family name. We plan to keep that pattern for all of our children.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2010