help!!!

My son has this boil on his bottom. It started off like a little pimple but now it is out of control. Should I try to relieve some of the pressure and squeeze it out?

starlit_kissez

Asked by starlit_kissez at 11:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think maybe a doctor should look at it first just to verify that it is in fact a boil, and not something else. Then see what he/she says to do about it. Squeezing it will be pretty painful and might make it worse. Cold compress perhaps?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• squeezing it will hurt him too much...the dr will be able to lance it with less pain
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Go to the doctor. Do not try and pop it yourself, due to the risk of infection
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If you don t trust it, go to see your GP. Especially when it hurts him.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would. I would sterilize a needle and drain it. Then use some A&D to prevent infection from the "diaper contents"
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• iit could be an infection you should take him in as soon as possible. Especially if he goes to child care.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Dont pop anything in a kids mouth. the infection could just get em sick. If a fever is along for the ride, call the doctor. If not, keep an eye on it and see if it hurts or gets larger.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• never squeeze it yourself...it could get infected...take your son to the doctor
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 10:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010