2yrold bit a hole in the center of his tongue!

So, if you have kids back to back chances are that you'll end up at WalMart and all those cool double seater carts are gone and the older kid gets the bin... My son has an understanding that when we aremoving, he sits on his butt and when we stop, he can stand up but not lean out. Well, 4 days ago we were in this situation and he went to stand up when i paused the cart for a split second and started to go again, fell forward and bit through his tongue. The center. I'm talkin'this sucker was like another mouth on his tongue. Called his doctor who told me that tongues really arent treatable and they heal quick. 4 days later, theres still a hole. What the heck? Anyone have any thoughts??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my hubby got his tonge periced 6 yrs ago and he had it for 3 months and it still looks like there is a hole there it may close up it may not
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Tongues actually are the fasting healing muscle in the body...or so I've heard. If you get your tongue pierced, even leaving the ring out for 1 night long after its been pierced, may cause it to close. I am surprised his doctor didn't even want to see him AT ALL. Just to make sure there isn't damage to other parts of his mouth, or to tell you how to keep it from getting infected. BUT if he doesn't seem too concerned, I would just keep an eye on it. Make sure it isn't looking swollen or infected and rinse his mouth with salt water if you can.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My brother did this. It took a little over a week but it healled just fine. Nothing there. As with any injury you just have to give it time.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 11:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010