What should you do if you regret your life?

I can't get over the things that I cannot change; the things I missed out on; and what I would have done differently because now I see clearly when before I had my head up my a**. (before meaning before motherhood) I feel as though I wasted so much time. What should I do if I regret my life?

babywhatnow

Asked by babywhatnow at 12:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• start making choices NOW that you WON'T regret later. I totally can relate, though. ((hugs))
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Don't let your children hold you back....depending on what it is...see if you can do those things.....set goals get together with your SO and work out a plan.if that person loves you they'll support your goals....try your best to reach your goals..or you'll end up resenting your children and it's not their fault you had your head up your ass
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I feel ya. Some days I really want to run away and start over as someone new. I try to find round-about ways to do what I wish I had before. I try to get over the idea that I'm too old now to do this or that. Mostly I'm planning a very Active retirement!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 12:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I always feel that our choices in our past leads us where we are today. Live for today and not your past..
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Unfortunately, the worst part about regrets is that there isn't anything you can do to change them. However like blessedwithree said...you can start making choices now, that you won't regret in the future, and at least from this point on, you won't regret your life. I regret a lot of things I did as well as wish I could go back and change them but I know that I can't. So I just try to be a good person now and do the right things, so I don't have to feel that way about any more of my life.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• im going through what yur going through.but alot older. i got married raised 3 kids. now they are older and can take careo f themselves try going back to school. make a list of what youd like to do. then try to accomplish them.its never to late
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 12:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Dr Laura has a great book Bad Childhood, Good Life. Don't live in the past, life is too short to live with regrets. Enjoy your life now, make great choices, love your children. Pray everyday and thank God for what he has given you. :-) I have regrets, everyone does, if they hold onto everything negative, it makes a hard route to a truly happy life.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 12:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my boyfriend hates his past and he is still paying for it, what he does is work harder and dont quit working till it is time for bed! he really dont like thinking about his past so he just stays busy!
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Try to look forward and make changes for today that you can do. Many of us feel this way including me. I feel like I wasted many years before my kids and am paying for that now. I of course adore my kids but I have issues with these same things.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sounds like you are being rather harsh on yourself. Forgive yourself. Remember, you are not a bad person. You are a good person who sometimes does bad things. Just like everyone else!
    connie45

Answer by connie45 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2010