When does Lice come around?

Last year my daughter had 1 egg in her hair and the nurse sent her home and we had to wash it with that anti-lice shampoo.Do you think the lice comes around the beginning of school or later in October or November,I forget when she got it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• anytime especially in school age kids they share everything.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 12:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It can come at anytime. My mother always use to braid our hair and used lots of hair spray. For a boy you could still use lots of product or hair spray before sending them off to school. I don't know if it helped but we only got it twice once during a school year and once during bible school during the summer. If there are little heads there is ALWAYS a possibility.
    Wonderlust

Answer by Wonderlust at 12:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• anytime. i have been lucky so far. im sure they will get it at somepoint though.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• eww, lice is something that scares me like no other!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i think cold months are worse for lice. because of all the kids bringing their coats to school mostly.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• They don't come around, they just are. And it doesn't matter what the weather is like, they also like clean heads to most.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my son has gotten them three times. (Still super pissed about it. My hubby's friends children lice ALL the time && The parents never did anything about it.) Twice in the summer & once in the middle of winter. So it doesn't matter what season they come.

If you want to help prevent them from getting lice-

Use coconut shampoo & hair care stuff. The lice don't like it.
    Lots of gels, hairsprays, mouse, ect.

Lice will go to dirty hair, but they rather have clean hair. So I put all sorts of hair care stuff now into my sons head. He hasn't had lice in three years. =)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think anytime is possible. Thank goodness my son is in fifth grade and so far has never come home with lice. The thought of it gives me the creeps. ick.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• They don't have a season. DD got it in the summer while at swimming lessons. Makes no sense to me, but we took care of it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• There is no season for Lice it just comes and it doesn't matter where you are. They like cleaner hair but will go with whatever use tea tree oil in their shampoo and lots of products they don't like that
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010