Period yet? Baby is 6 months old

Ladies! I need to know if I should call the doctor or not. My DS was born at the end of Feb (Feb 26, 2010) and I breast fed for 5 months. So it has been 1.5 months now since I stopped BF and I still haven't gotten my cycle.

Before I was preg, my cycle was irregular anyways. I was on the pill for 6 years and it took me 15 months off of it to get pregnant and in that time only had periods every 6-8 weeks. Sometimes I feel as tho it is coming, moodiness, cramping, bloating, etc... but it hasn't arrived yet.

When did you get yours and How long did you BF for if you did at all?

Thanks ladies! Much appreciated.

Phouffy

Asked by Phouffy at 12:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• I got an iud at 6 wks and bf for 4 months and didnt get mine back for over a year.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Don't worry! It will start! It can take your body up to 18 mos to 2 years to go back to normal after a baby. I didn't get one for almost five mos once.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am still BFing and I just had my first period - my son is 20 months. I have been on the pill since he was 5 weeks old. I had very irregular periods just like you did but I was starting to think I'd never get another one again, lol. And that would be perfectly OK with me! No such luck.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It can take a while after you stop BFing for it to come back! Great job going 5mos! Loving hearing about babies getting to nurse!! RElax and enjoy it!!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2010