If a medication says to take it after dinner and you take it after breakfast,do you think it will still work?

I'm afraid to take my medication because I have had a bad time in the past with medications,so I want to take my pills around people to distract me if anything goes wrong,except the dose says after dinner and I would have to take it after breakfast.Kind answers please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• I think it just means that you need to take it after a meal, I don't think the time matters. But if you are concerned, you can call the pharmacy, doctor or nurses line.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It probably says to take it after dinner because it will make you drowsy. Which medication is it?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yeah it is fine to take after a meal. Usually when they say after dinner it means that they think you will be going to sleep not to long after you take med. When they say after breakfast it means that it is for day time. But if it isnt a med that makes you feel sleepy than it is fine. I asked this question with a med I was taking before and this is what I was told. It was a strong med and would be better if I could be asleep during the main hrs it was in my body. You should just ask your Dr. there may be a true reason. Some meds they also want to work in your body while it is relaxed and not very active.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 3:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The medication will work no matter what time you take it, however it probably will make it tired which is why is says take at bedtime.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The medicine doesn't know what time it is when you take it.
    queen.bee

• After any meal is fine. It's how often you are supposed to take it I think is the concern. Like if you are supposed to take it every 12 hours and you miss the next dosage.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010