I am so angry with mothers who decide not to vaccinate their children!!

are their any mothers out there who agree?!! I dont agree that too much mercury could cause autism! I mean their are already children who have the whooping cough and didnt make it, it breaks my heart to know that it could have been prevented or at least have had a milder case.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• ya know, i never hear anything about people who dont being mad at those who do. it's really just up to the parent.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• you must not have or know anyone who has a child with autism then. My nephew is high end autistic and I can remember the difference and how he acted before the shots and after. My son will be getting all his shots but i am spreading them out instead of him getting them all together. I believe there is a connection with the shots and autism I know too many people who can pin point a time when there child stared showing signs and they seem to always be around the time of shots.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• How about you do what works for you and let others do what works for them. What makes you think kids who are vaccinated don't get pertussis? Oh yeah, my kids are vaccinated. I choose not to get myself all worked up over things I can't control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Vaccinations do not cause autism, period. It has been proven, and the doctor who developed the original study that found the so-called link has been exposed. Turns out, his "study" was based on only 12 children, among other problems with the research. Repeated attempts to duplicate his research have failed. I will never understand mothers who make HUGE health decisions for their kids without doing minimal research instead of going by what they hear from their friends.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2008/09/autism-and-meas.html?cid=129277298
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/29/world/la-fg-britain-autism29-2010jan29
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's not my concern. I would never tell someone they better vaccinate or else. I too don't believe there is a link between vaccinations and autism, but there are those who do believe it, and I can't say they are wrong to believe it anymore than they can say I'm wrong not to believe it. It's a personal choice, but like choosing to breastfeed or to homeschool.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The problem is, Anon, children who are not vaccinated put EVERYONE at risk. It isn't a simple matter of live and let live. I 100% support a mother's right to make her own choices. But vaccinations are a public health issue. Are you aware there is a whooping cough outbreak in California right now? Guess who is spreading it? People who have not been vaccinated, and teens whose childhood vaccinations are wearing off. And it is affecting babies, because the whooping cough vaccination is a series. If a baby is not finished receiving the series, they are susceptible to the disease. It very much affects us all.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Then WHY is it not the LAW that all humans must be vaccinated? I know about CA. There is always mass hysteria when something is going around. It doesn't all come down to vaccinating. I know people who vaccinated still catch what they were vaccinated against. It is a matter of live and let live. Whooping cough has been around for centuries. My mom and her four siblings ad it at very young age and were never hospitlaized, nor was there a vaccination.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think there is some haziness about germ theory.

Vaccinated people CARRY the germs as much as un-vaccinated people. They just don't get sick from them.

If vaccinations actually immunized a child, then that child could not possibly get sick with the vaccinated illness. So either there is no danger to vaccinated people from people who are not vaccinated, or the medical establishment is telling a pack of lies. (It is obviously the latter, because they keep adding more and more vaccinations to the list, and more and more "boosters")

Children get sick. The deal is that mothers NEED TO KNOW the simple techniques for nursing them through an illness.

Check out this website to understand these nursing techniques:

See articles like "Tending the Flame" ... "The Healing Crisis: Don't Worry Mom, I'm Just Growing" ... "The Reason for Childhood Diseases"

http://www.compwellness.net/mp/incaop.htm
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I really think people should mind their own business
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Want to know how kids get sick? It's when parents send their SICK KIDS TO SCHOOL!

It's not a free daycare center people!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2010