What are some phrases that you HATE that your kids have picked up?

My daughter picked up from her cousin the phrase, "Go away". I can't STAND that phrase. She says it when she doesn't get her way with something and it just irks me.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my middle daughter is constantly saying "sweet nibblets" from Hannah Montana, and my oldest is constantly saying "____, say what" from Hannah Montana...it's starting to get really old...however my youngest picked up from me (Hannah Montana says it too, but I have been saying it much longer...lol) "Ya Think?!?!"...yeah it's getting old too
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 10:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• She always tells me "when I was a baby" I did this or that. And for some reason it annoys the hell out of me.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Every time my daughter said chillax I. Want to smack her.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If i ask my 12yo,do you want to eat something or go someplace,he'll say,no,i'm good. i don't know it's kinda irritating to me.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my ds tells me"im only going to tell you one time mommy" whenever he wants something & keep ur hands to yourself, lol i know he picked that one up at school he tells me that when ever he is going to get a spanking& randomly he yells" its my money n i need it now",;lol
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my daughter says "seriously" waaaaaay to muuch!! seriously!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• chillax thats so funny!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• "Whatever." Her mother taught her this one. I never use the word. I might say "oh well" but I just think Whatever is very connotative. It feels very close minded, insensitive and disrespectful. I broke her of that habit in about a week. I went off one night and she hasn't said it since. I felt bad because I knew I overreacted but after hearing her say it for like the 30th time that day I was so mad (more at her mother than her but still...). I apologised to her later and told her I thought the word was rude and she doesn't say it anymore.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My son says "cut the jokes"...he picked it up from his older cousins.... if you tell him to clean his room, or tell them to do something they dont want to do...they say "cut the jokes"... they are sooo silly :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 4:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010