Has anybody used Vonage and did you like it?

I just got Vonage about a week ago because I liked that you could get unlimited long distance for $25 a month, but just wondering if anyone has it or has tried it, and if you think it's great or not.

sweetmissy_05

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I don't have it...but many of my friends either have Vonage or phone service through our local cable company...

My only HANG UP about it is you HAVE TO activate 911 services and AT  TIMES you have to pay extra for it. So if you haven't done so please do so... The last thing you want is for an Emergency to happen and NOT have 911. 

I know for fact that 911 only works on Vonage if it's has been activated by the user....so if you haven't done so please do so....

http://www.vonage.com/help.php?keyword=911Address

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I had it and I loved it!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have it and I love it... the only downfall is where I live they don't have a local number, so my number is long distance for alot of people...
    KimsCandleHouse

Answer by KimsCandleHouse at 8:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have it and we haven't had any problems...especially with the price! I didn't know about the 911 thing though so I gotta check that out!
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My parents had it. Bad weather messed with their internet and they lost phone service when their internet went down. That irritated them enough that they went back to regular land lines and cell phones. Now, if internet goes down, they can still get a hold of people.
    Bayareacwgrl

Answer by Bayareacwgrl at 2:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2008