Does anyone else find Kidz Bop innapropriate?

They change the words so kids can sing along, then when little Jimmy goes online to find the real snoop dogg song.......well you get it. Gin and Juice redone for kids? Really? Why would you market a song to children that was origionally from and album labled for explicit lyrics. Linkin Park? Songs we know about cheating, buttered up for kids? Beyonce's Single Ladies? I was looking at some of the songs and a lot of them have a lot of adult situations in them...Sorry Ladies, call me a fuddy duddy, but not my kids.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• back when Shaggy's "Wasn't Me" song first came out they "disney-fied" a version of it (for Disney Radio) and instead of saying "Banging on the bathroom floor" it was changed to "cleaning the bathroom floor". my friend's 4 year old heard it and (having heard the real version but not understanding the meaning) yelled out in a crowded bus station "that's not how it goes. it's supposed to be BANGING on the bathroom floor" lol.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• oh i completely agree! i can't stand the commercials and 'music videos' either. just cause you have little kids singing these songs doesn't make them any more appropriate for little ears! my 7yo has recently been singing along to the radio in the car and stuff but i will never buy her the songs real or 'imitated' by KidzBop. i may be a fuddy duddy too though ;-)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You know, I consider myself pretty liberal about what I let my kids listen to, but even I had to draw the line at Kidz Bop. I realize they take out the explicit words, but it still doesn't change the intent of some of these songs. It's just WEIRD for my toddler to be dancing around to a song about cheating and heartbreak, etc etc etc. Sometimes I think it would be better for them to listen to the *actual* song, because at least it's not made to sound all innocent and childlike.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i feel the same way. i will not buy it for my kids.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I see the commercials for kidz bop and I cringe. Frankly I think the songs are not appropriate, and I really don't think the kids bop singers do that great of a job singing. I sure as heck would not pay to hear the kids screeching out those songs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

*****************************
    Ditto!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No kidz bop here! I rather like being a 'fuddy-duddy'!!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Lmao! Fuddy duddy :D - I'd never heard that before, its pretty funny :D
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 1:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I find Kidz Bop annoying. My kids listen to the real thing (they love Beyonce...I play the Single Ladies video for my 4yo all the time).
    My kids (4, 7, 8 and 10) don't listen to "kid" music. They listen to regular music, whatever me and my husband like (he's into heavy metal, hard rock, classic rock; I'm more into country, 70s music, disco, stuff like that). If it's in Guitar Hero or Rock band chances are they know all the words to it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Some of the songs they remake have me shaking my head in amazement. I'm glad my daughter cannot stand kidz bop.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2010