Palin and Government Spending reform

Is it just me or is it odd that while running for mayor in Wasilla she promised to cut superfluous spending and started doing so by cutting "unnecesary" positions and then turned around and put the town in enormous debt with the federal government to build a hockey rink??

JJones02

Asked by JJones02 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know how things work in other states, but here in Alaska we vote on them. She didn't decide on it and do it herself. The "hockey rink" your talking about is actually a really big multi-sports complex. As of right now, we've got about 4 inches of snow on the ground, and are still loosing day light. The sports complex gives people a place to get exercise and be active. Can you imagine spending half your life in cold and dark. We voted on it because we felt it was needed.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• If you don't like the cold and dark, you can always move!
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 11:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've heard it's quite beautiful but yeah I can imagine it getting old pretty quick! And yes I know that big things like that are always put to a vote before they happen. I guess my point was really that the money she was "saving" the town was greatly overshadowed by the debt that got take on to build build the complex. Not to mention the legal fees associated with the whole land rights debacle that she got into.
    JJones02

Answer by JJones02 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2008