Ex husband get's out of paying child support

I'm so angry and I don't understand how my ex husband was allowed to not pay child support..He was ordered 7 yrs ago to pay $200 and the judge based it had he worked a full time job at minimum wage. Well 7 yrs later he still chooses to work part time (if at all) and because I work full time to provide benefits for my son (I'm remarried and my husband and I own a home,cars etc) My ex filed a motion to have it lowered and the judge found it be in his favor and even said that I would have to pay him child support but the judge said I didn't have to after all. My ex's excuse was that due to the economy he can't find a full time job, this man is 6"1" and works out all the time!! I'm so disgusted and I'm really hurt that he would put his needs in front of his own son, after all these years of trying to get along with for our son's sake I feel like an a-hole and am sitting here with eggs on my face. I got to see my ex for what he is

mochomo

Asked by mochomo at 1:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• wow im sorry that has happened to u, my ex was so pissed off when he was ordered to pay more money for our son then his 1st, he though tthat because he was already paying for one kid his second kid would be less, he is a so called musician n only workes on weekends, ughh it just pisses me off that he didnt worry about what my son needed.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• What does his body type have to do with his ability to find a job? And if your son is provided for, then why does it matter whether or not your ex pays child support?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i guess what she means is if he has time to go to the gym then he should have time to go look for a job& it is his obligation to provide for his son regardless if he is already being provided for.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Wow anon you are one snarky cow.

That really stinks. Give it time and take him back to court for review. Sometimes it all depends on the judge you get. I hate how the judges don't look at well if you have time for all this working out you should have time to look for at least another part time job. And of course he should be paying child support. A woman doesn't make a baby on her own and she make doesn't make one with society we all have to do our part.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Wow momma he sounds like his working out has really gotten to his head. My hubby and I just went though a 2 1/2 yrs child support order to finally get it lowered cause he has 3 children 2 of them we see when ever we want. Know that his oldest just moved in with us cause of issue he had last year with school we have better schools in our area so anyways the judge finally sees that we have a child together and we have one of the three children that he is paying child support for with the two child that have the same mother we know pay nothing and the mother he had a one night stand with it went from $620 a months to $150 cause he makes minimum wage. We don't get any help from our state and both of these mothers get everything the state has to offer. We both have worked our asses off to make it work for all of the kids
    The only man in this situation that has maned up is your new hubby,he is a good man &i hope you all r happy.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Stupid thing about Child Support is that the Courts never enforce it. They only tell them what to pay, but they rarely make sure its being done or do much about it. I do know the parent paying is somewhat protected. They are legally allowed to keep what they need to survive and support themselves, if they don't have enough left over to pay CS, the powers that be look the other way.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My ex had a heart attack 5 years ago and is trying to get Social Security disability. He runs 10K's, goes rock climbing and canoeing all the time but he gets private disability from his old job as a flight attendant. He can't do that particular job anymore due to his heart trouble, but he could do a myriad of other things. However, since he is on private disability and applying for SS disability the Judge we saw lowered his child support to 275/month for 3 kids! And until SS makes their final decision they have removed all enforcement, so there's no real reason for him to pay - they aren't going to do anything to him even if he doesn't. So my husband is providing 100% of the support for my kids. Makes absolutely no sense to me!

Answer by missanc at 12:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My ex "J" also has a daughter that he has not seen in almost 10 yrs and never paid child support for her until now, "J" was supposed to pay $450/mnth for her and now he has to pay back child support. I'm glad that she is getting the money because it is due to her, but I guess I'm pissed that "J" doesn't want to pay for a son he does get to see. Not to mention that he is verbally and emotionally abusive, "J" shoved his own Mother "C" to the ground last Christmas and my son witnessed it, my son witnesses how "J" treats his "C" and how he constantly berates "C" because of the abuse that went on from the hands of his own Dad. I'm going to be taking my son to therapy as well as myself because I don't want my son to treat me like "J" treats "C"......My husband did step up to the plate and we are thinking about filing for full custody..I'm working on it
    mochomo

Comment by mochomo (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010