When you see a mom with a piercing what do you assume about this parent?

I got my nose pierced 2 months ago and at first i didn't want to because of what people would say. I like it! Just because i have a piercing doesn't mean anything. Im a very good mom atleast i think so. Im always with my son and i take good care of him. What do you think if you see a parent with a piercing?

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nothing bad if that's what you're asking... if i see a mom with a nose piercing or belly button or eye brow or something i think A) she has had it since before kids, maybe when she was younger; or B) she must be a pretty "Hip" mom :D i'm too chicken to get anything other then my ears pierced and i almost never wear earrings either :P i would like a tattoo someday though and i hope people wouldn't make assumptions about me as a mom because of it...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• they'd better not think anything. i'm a fantastic loving mother and a loving human being and i have facial piercings (lip and eyebrow) and my arms are covered in tattoos
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No one really cares. In this day and age there are very few people who are that judgemental about body art and jewelry, etc. I am covered. Don't really notice much. I have 82 yo ladies that I see at my salon every week that just love me and ask how the babies are doing!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't think anything, A piercing doesn't make a person. I have my ears gauged to a 00 and a 0 (2 holes in each ear) people do not like that, you know what I say to them? "suck my non existant balls", just because my ears are guaged doesn't mean I am anything, because in reality the things I am is a loving, caring, and excellent wife and mother.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nothing negative! My friends are covered in tats and have multiple piercings. They are the best parents I know. I would probably think, "Cool, a mom who doesn't go out of her way to please the yoga pants crowd!"
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 1:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think nothing of it, because piercings have nothing to do with caring for a child. One of the sweetest mothers I know is a professional piercing artist who runs her own body piercing business. :) :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• What should I think? My niece has her nose, tongue, eyebrow and bellybutton pierced (she always wears very small studs in her nose and eyebrow). Granted, I don't care for body piercings, however sometimes you don't even notice she has them in because she's not gawdy about it. Anyway, she has a 1 year old son and is expecting another. Her piercings don't make me think anything either way. Even if she had them all over her face, I'd still think she was a good mother.

I think it'd be ridiculous to base someone's parenting skills on their looks.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nothing, my nose is pierced and I have a tattoo and both were done after I had my son. It doesn't change your Mothering skills because your pierced or tatted, My Mother got a tattoo the same day I did and she was 50 yrs old at the time, and she is one heck of a Mom. We shouldn't judge other's because of outward appearances it's what's on the inside that counts.
    mochomo

Answer by mochomo at 1:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i dont think anything of it. i have my tongue pierced and i dont think that makes me a bad parent. :)
    Heatherjean2534

Answer by Heatherjean2534 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nothing. Nose piercing is as common as upper ear cartilage piercing. Even a mom with tattoos dont get much of an opinion from me. Some I may think they seem pretty open minded maybe & be able to take the teen years better than some of us .. lol..

But really.. Your actions mean much more to me.. and even then i may hope  "maybe she is just having a bad day"...

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2010