Baby Sleeping!!

My baby is 3 months old and he is a colic baby.. He will only sleep in his swing, i just wanna know is this normal can it be bad on his back! Also just wondering how i can get him to sleep in his bassinet or crib..

aydensophia0408

Asked by aydensophia0408 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was the same way! My doctor said it was fine. We transitioned her to her crib at 6 months....We just had to throw the swing out it was too tempting!
    I would wait until she was sound asleep in my lap, then I would lay her in her crib. The only way she would sleep was on her tummy. I would compulsivley check on her and always put her to sleep in a bag with no blanket.
    There was also a transition time when I slept with her on the recliner.
    The important thing is keep putting her in her crib and eventually she will sleep there longer and longer amounts of time. Good Luck ...PM me if you want more advice...I've got tons!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My baby has colic too! I heard its supposed to peak at 6 wks to 2 mos but somehow my 9 wk old seems to cry less than at 5 wks. It was a nightmare, I totally understand! Well, to answer your question, I had to do the same with him. Whenever I put him in the crib he would wake up. He sleeps in both now so hopefully yours will outgrow it soon.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• No, it is fine. it also helps adults to swing. My grandma said that is why old people sat in rockers, because it settles the stomach. (I don't know if that is true, but she told me so..)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• May be colic - in which its tough. Almost have to just wait that out. May be other issues, check with your dr. A great new product was just introduced to the market called the Magic Sleepsuit that helps babies sleep better and longer. Not sure that it cures colic, however. But may be worth a look. www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous

• Your baby is probably not colic. He probably just likes to be held. Soooo.. Hold him!!
    Why do you want him in a crib? Bring him to bed and he will sleep.
    Also- if you're BFing, take note of your diet. And if you're FFing... Well.... That's self explanatory.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2008