THE HOMELESS

How much have u or would u do for them..if u knew they were trully homeless..
would u let them in your home..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• no, for safetys sake.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No, I would not let them in my home. There are shelters that they can go to.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• if i knew them yes but if i didnt id refer them to a shelter.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• actually i think about this all the time. When I see someone panhandling I give them money when I have it. And I also really want to be a foster parent to help those kids that have no where to go and need someone to care. I also want to one day help young pregnant girls get there life back together , those that have no where to go and are in need of love and help.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am homeless but have a beautiful shelter to live in. The panhandlers around
    My town use money to get alcohol. They use kids, dogs etc, to play on your sympathies. They probably make more than u in a day and don't have to pay taxes. I am homeless because I got sick and couldn't keep up with bills then lost job. I may be down but I am not out!
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• sorri to hear that...but it makes it hard for u as a homelss person..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was homeless earlier this year. i had people offer to let me stay with them but I felt so bad accepting ( I did for my daughter's sake). I just felt terrible. I had a great home but we left on no notice when our landlord turned abusive, he was in a bad divorce and we were "his wife's tenants" who didn't live there anymore because she finally gave up and let him have the house after he violated his restraining order 6 times in 1 month. My door never locked properly so I felt unsafe staying there. I feel more sympathy for people who are genuinely homeless but I go through shelters to try and help because I still don't buy in to people standing on corners asking for money.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My place is already to small for us alone but it is a roof over our head...I would give a homeless person my service at a soup kitchen because without the volunteers there would be no meals served at those soup kitchens...I also donate to the food shelves which the homeless can go to .
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have been on both sides of this coin. Having a home that I opened my home to those who I knew, some for as many as 14yrs, and as the homeless one living at a shelter with 2 kids.

Where I am originally from, the homeless are treated like 3rd class citizens, unless they have something to give to others. Where I was homeless (just over 4mths ago) treated me and my family like we were Kings (and of course Queen) of the world. We were treated like family, we were given whatever we needed.

Would I, if I had the room, allow a homeless person I don't know into my home? Never again.
    Would I help them in other ways, Yes. Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you, is how I was raised, and how I believe people should be.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 3:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No, I would not let them in my home. However, I would give them food. Probably not money b/c just b/c they're homeless doesn't mean they won't waste it on drugs/alcohol.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010