Do most moms mind having other kids at their house?

My son who is 7 and my daughter who is 5 always want to have their little friends over. (mostly the kids in the neighborhood) I hate having other kids in my house but I allow it from time to time because I know I must give in to be fair. I can't say no all the time. I'm stressed from the time they're here to long after they leave....(the house in a mess). Am I different than other moms on this issue?

spiritedbaby

Asked by spiritedbaby at 1:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh I know EXACTLY how you feel. I cringe...though more often it depends on the kid. Some are more tolerable than others. You are not alone.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 1:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Well my kids are still too young for that but I would love to have kids over our house. I would like them to stick to the kids room and not all over tho. My dad didn't let me ever have people in the house so I would love for my kids to be able to have that.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i really dnt like having my friends kids over my boys are 21months&4yrs old my friends kids are 5& 3, to tell u the truth they act up always wanting something to eat n making a big mess not that i mind feeding them but you know when they ask just to see what u have in ur fridge.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i HATE having other kids over. even my niece. she is a living breathing tornado.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I love having kids over. We have several kids and sometime we invite other sibling groups to spend the night/weekend.
    Ysobel

Answer by Ysobel at 1:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i dont mined all that much,but it cant be every day.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It depends on the kids. I have friends who have kids & I dont mind those kids but just random neighborhood kids..no..I dont let them in. Sorry. Play outside.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Oh good! It sounds like I'm NOT alone on this issue for the most part....and to Keyonsmom I like your positive attitude but I used to feel that way too until .....!! lol! Thank you all for your input.
    spiritedbaby

Comment by spiritedbaby (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When I was younger I didn't mind having my girls bring friends over but now that I have had this last one 5 yrs ago at 35 I cringe at the idea of future play dates with my youngest and his new friends.....I would much rather just meet at a park where they can can wild and my house is still clean and intact
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I love having other kids over. If my house is a mess then oh well. Usually that alone will motivate me to get some more cleaning down. I just love hearing the kids come up with their funny games. I wish we had more neighbors here to have over.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010